Re: boomerang

Replacing caps is one of those gear tweaker things which may indeed
improve the sound, since the caps being used are usually more
expensive and manufactured to higher tolerances than the stock ones,
which may have been chosen partly in regards to meeting a market price
point.  On the other hand, "improving" the sound at one point in a
circuit may reveal or introduce other problems--increased hiss,
decreased component life, etc.

Whether it makes a significant difference is often a matter of
personal taste.  However, I suspect that you can hear a difference
between 8 and 16 bit sampling under most listening conditions.