Re: ac adapter question

>>  apparently it was the adapter that is broken if that is possible.....

     Yes, I have fixed a few adapters in my time that have just been
handled too roughly too
often.  If you feel handy with a soldering iron, open up the adaptor, snip
the wires going out to
the barrel plug, cut them a bit shorter, strip and resolder them.
Sometimes doing all this
destroys the strain relief in the process though this can easily be
retrofitted with rubber
electricians tape (mo bettah than plastic electricians tape).  Oh yeah,
don't do this while the
thing is plugged in kiddies...

     All this can usually be figured out before you even open the unit up
if you just apply a
voltage meter to the barrel while it's plugged in.  Wiggle the wires
around near the strain relief
to see if you can pick up any stray intermittent voltage.

          Stephen

Yahoo! Messenger