MPX G2 Panning tempo synced to EDP Midi clock

I'm trying to get the Lexicon MPX G2 panning synchronized to MIDI clock
sent
from the EDP.
I don't want smooth panning but rather choppy throwing of sounds between L
and R.

The EDP is set to 8th replacement mode (Quantize=8th 8th/cycle=8
InsertMode=Sub)

For the MPX G2 I made a program with FX1 being "Panner", FX2 no effect.
Patching:
  Patch1:
    Src: Ctls Rand
    Dst: FX 1Pan 1
    Min: 25L
    Max: 25L
  Patch1:
    Src: Ctls Rand
    Dst: FX 1Pan 2
    Min: 25L
    Max: 25L
Tempo:
  Tempo Source: MIDI
  Tempo Beat Value: Eighth
Controllers:
  Rand:
    RndLo:  0
    RndHi:127
    Rate: 2:1

I'm not sure I'm happy with the result because sometimes panning doesn't
seem to be exactly synchronized:

http://nosuch.biz/soundz/panchop1.wav (loop)

http://nosuch.biz/soundz/panchop2.wav (loop)

http://nosuch.biz/soundz/panchop3.mp3

http://nosuch.biz/soundz/ringchop.mp3
(This is also setting random ringmod (FX2) parameters synced with MIDI
clock)

The possible Tempo Beat Value settings are:

Eighth
DottedEighth
Quarter
DottedQuarter
2 Beats
3 Beats
126 Beats

MPX G2 Questions:

1. Why isn't there a "1 Beat" option in the Tempo Beat Value settings ?

2. I have the impression that the Tempo Beat Value setting is irrelevant
when the Tempo Source is MIDI. It seems only to be used when the source is
"Internal".
Is that correct?

3. EDP is set to 8 8ths per cycle: Why does the random rate need to be set
to 2 cycles (and not 1) per beat in order for random numbers to be
generated
every 8th?

Thank you

Bernhard