Re: Fw: Surround sound panner

mark francombe wrote:
> Describe your requirment a bit more Jeff.. DO you mean a VST with one
> (mono) IN and 5 outs

Yes.  It's basically just a specialized mixer, the trick is that
there is some awareness of the standard placement of 5.1 speakers
to properly calculate the level that should be sent to each output

> If that is all you are after, Im sure its a doddle to make a VST in
> synthEdit that will do ... give it a go for you if you like? (thats PC
> only VST tho)

Thanks for the offer.  The site Tony posted,
http://acousmodules.free.fr/index_en.htm appears to have
several of these, some of them even providing automated movement
which is wicked cool.   These were apparently done in synthEdit too.
I definitely need to check out synthEdit and Max/MSP someday.

Thanks,
Jeff