Re: Too many beeps & boops

Title: Re: Too many beeps & boops
At 1:33 PM -0700 4/24/05, TGore44 wrote:
A lot of the music I auditioned from the site was based on monotonous noodling with reverb & delay effects.

At 2:00 PM +0000 4/25/05, loopbozo@comcast.net wrote:

what site? Good question!

For those of you who had trouble figuring out what TGore44 <wklemmer1> was on about:

He/she signed up for the Loopers Delight list, apparently downloaded a few sound sound files that he/she found monotonous, and then attempted to unsubscribe from the list.

As is often the case with those who are rather dim, TGore44 sent the unsubscribe request to the list itself, rather than to the list request address. He/she also misspelled unsubscribe, which further attests to the lack of attention he/she devoted to the process.

The fact that several of you didn't figure this out also attests to the minimal attention you felt TGore44 deserved, but as compulsive noodlers you needed to pipe up about it anyway (just as I, as a compulsive curmudgeon, felt it necessary to gripe about all of you).

Here's why I knew this about TGore44 and you all didn't:

1) I sorted my e-mail by Subject traced the "Too many beeps and boops" thread back to the original poster.

2) I then sorted my e-mail by Who and found that the person had posted an unsubscribe request about five minutes earlier.

3) I also noticed that this person had never posted anything else to the list.

4) i figured out that TGore44 was a casual visitor who had joined the list and quickly decided it was not to his/her liking.

I bring this up as an example of something I've learned to do and that helps me gather all sorts of information. I call it "research." Sometimes I also call it "thinking about something that puzzles you until you figure it out."  Try it! It works great!

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com
http://salamandersongs.com