Re: The changing face of "rock" radio.

Hm, good article...

<snip>

>As a result, many rock programmers aren't sure what to play.

I wasn't aware that Clear Channel allowed its programmers to choose what
play.

>"The format in the last couple of years has gone through an identity
>crisis,"
> said Kevin Weatherly, program director of KROQ, a closely watched
> alternative powerhouse in Los Angeles.

<snip>

KROQ - Weren't they bought by Clear some years ago?

> But for now, Philadelphia has no terrestrial alternative-rock station.

What happened to old WYSP?  Bought up huh?  It's news like this that makes
me wonder if I'd be dead of a stroke/heart attack from the tension if I'd
pursued radio DJ work in the 70s.

Oh, and Viva Scott Muni. :)

Stephen Goodman
* Cartoons about DVDs and Stuff