Re: The Live Looping Community: myth or reality

I know this comes pretty late in the thread...

I surely wouldn't have met a great many people had I not become a member of
Looper's Delight. I'm now at the very least, pleasantly acquainted with
more
than a few people from around the globe, who have similar interests and
ideas. I've been able to collaborate with several as well. This list, while
cyber, has been the beginning of closer contact with a much larger world
than I previously accessed. If that's not a product of ongoing community,
then I don't know what is.

It's just like any 'neighborhood'... you start off in an impersonal way,
introducing yourself to the group; then you slowly make friends, discover
commonalities, and possibly find some conflict along the way as well. It's
all for real folks. It can be what you make of it.

I know for a fact that before joining LD, Rick Walker certainly didn't know
the people he's in contact with now. Rick's been a huge success story here,
and his attitude has played a great part in that. He's enthusiastic,
involved, generous, and motivated. This has expanded his world in ways
being
offlist never would have. It has changed his life and path in music. He
certainly would have a successful musical life without the list, but this
online 'community' has played a vital role and I'm sure he'd be the first
acknowledge this.

Peace out...
-Miko Biffle
"Running scared from all the usual distractions!"
Now playing 'Rough' at CDBaby.com  www.cdbaby.com/biffoz
-------

From: "Tony K" <bigtony@softhome.net>
Subject: Re: The Live Looping Community: myth or reality