Re: "hold note" function

Another option (cheaper) available to you is the DIgitech Digidelay.

as well as having lots of delay time, tape emulation and reverse it also
has
two  ways of achieving HOLD.

one is the aptly named HOLD setting which lets you sample about four
second
of sound and have it play infinatly over, you can also add to this by
pressing the pedal again, I like this setting alot for drones and small
drum
patterns which I then multiply out on the DL-4. if its a prone you want
you
are best recording a blank bit first (juast hold the pedal down for a
second
then let go. then when you hold the peedal down again to overdub there is
no
"seam".

the other option which I think is such a cool idea, is that the regular
delays operate like DD-whatevers with repeats going from none to nearly
infinate, but with the last o'clock turn being reserved for taking the new
signal out of the delay path, this means that you can create delay drones
till you get something you like , then hold it and play over rather then
into it, then when you are ready , twist the knob again and play back into
the delay.......wow!!

Good luck

Phill Wilson (a.k.a. Blackface)

Free Downloads at

www.download.com/therealblackface

>From: "Mark Smart" <mwsmart@insightbb.com>
>To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
>Subject: Re: "hold note" function
>Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 08:23:48 -0500
>
>Yeah, you could do this on the Echoplex. Probably the best way would be to
>record something like 4 seconds of silence, play that back, then hit
>"Overdub"
>and play in your drone. I think it would hard to make the drone seamless
>if
>you
>didn't record silence first. Hit Overdub again when you're done. Then if
>you
>want to layer more stuff over the drone, use the "multiply" function.
>
>Before I had any other looping devices, I used a DOD DFX-94 delay pedal to
>create drones from my Jerry Jones electric sitar. Eventually I mounted
>the
>delay
>pedal inside the sitar to make this easier:
>
>http://www.marksmart.net/gearhack/sitar/sitar.html
>
>The DFX94 has a maximum delay time of 4 seconds, which is just right for
>Indian
>drones. And it has an infinite repeat that you can use to play it back
>indefinitely.
>
>Mark Smart
>http://www.marksmart.net/

It's fast, it's easy and it's free. Get MSN Messenger 7.0 today!
http://messenger.msn.co.uk