Re: surround looping

On May 20, 2005, at 18:40, bruce tovsky wrote:

> ableton live works quite well for live quad with the right audio
> interface. the only drawback is lack of true quad panning, but
> this is easily circumvented with creative stereo pans to speaker
> pairs. works extremely well for my needs.
> cheers
> bruce

I'll be using Live 4, record all four live take channels separately
to disc (and monitoring them over four equal Genelec speakers,
eventually a sub woofer as well). Then I'll do the 5.1 mix in Logic.
I'm looking forward to learning which quadraphonic performance
techniques that will translate well into 5.1 mastering (not
necessarily using all available channels).

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
---
www.looproom.com (international)