star wars loops/early loops

i remember watching part of the commentary for the phantom menace movie (#I) awhile back, and the scenes w/ the junk dealer who "owns" anakin, when his wings are flapping, the sound was created using a continous loop of an umbrella opening and closing (i think). i always wondered what type of looper does the skywalker sound studios use.

i remember a while back listening to my first recorded loop experiments and thinking that i got a lot of mileage out of very little gear (digitech rp100 and dod d-12), and i thought the stuff held up as interesting to listen to. there was a sense that i was really experimenting more, b/c i was trying to recreate sounds i'd heard others do, and i didn't have the greatest looper, etc. i also had been exploring stuff for a yr and a 1/2 before i could record anything, to my original 4-track recorder also....oh, those were the days....s---

Discover Yahoo!