Drummachine?

Hey

I find my E-MU XL-7 kind of cumbesome to work with,
although I do love a lot of it's flexibility and
soundset (it takes all the proteus cards).  I find
myself using it more as a soundbank for Digital
Performer than for it's sequencing.

I'm hoping to find something that's more user friendly
and fun to work with.  I like gear that's QUICK to
learn yet deep and good sounding.  What are people
using with success?  On my list are the Korg Electribe
EX (the ROM or the sampler, not sure which one but I'm
leaning toward the sampler) or a used Roland MC-505.
(I miss my 307!)

I'd love to hear  your thoughts.  My Repeater's MIDI
sync awaits your messages...

Mark