Re: Ableton live5 will have loop windowing, apparently

On Jun 2, 2005, at 16:35, Andreas Wetterberg wrote:

> .the feature list looks almost too good to be true.
> Midi remotable loop start/ end positioning, tasty new effects, arps
> and vst midi-out... it's getting more live-oriented.
> http://www.ableton.com/

Yes. Funnily it's getting both more DAW-oriented and more live-
oriented! Damn smart marketing people ;-)  If they have done it right
this time you won't need Logic or Cubase on the side any more. But
until I get my hands on the beta I can't help being a bit sceptic
regarding the live-orientation. In the pre-release info they say "The
Set buttons, the loop switch, the loop position and other Clip View
controls can now be mapped to MIDI controllers to allow for mouse-
free loop tweaking using your preferred controller". This does NOT in
detail address the long standing wish for external MIDI control of
Sample Parameters. I really do hope that the press release's "Clip
View controls" include this. If not, it would be a huge bummer.

The new effect "Beat Repeat" is looking great! Now we don't have to
arrange dozens of audio loop clones as clips with different playback
settings and Follow Action random scripting. A built in Supatrigga!
And since Beat Repeat is an effect plug-in it can also be used on a
live input channel. Well... anyway, if real-time latency does not
permit precisely that, you will at least be able to mangle a live-
looping delay plug-in with Beat Repeat. Can't wait to check it out!

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.looproom.com (international)
www.boysen.se (Swedish)