EMUSIC Playlist #428 for June 2, 2005

http://wdiy.org/programs/emusic/playlists/2005/050602.html

EMUSIC is an electronic, ambient, and space music show, that airs each
Thursday
at 11:04 pm on WDIY 88.1 FM, Allentown and Bethlehem, PA, 93.9 FM in
Easton,
PA and Phillipsburg, NJ, 93.7 FM in Fogelsville and Trexlertown, 92.9 FM on
Service Electric Cable, and webcasting on the internet.

                    Show #428                    June 2, 2005

RECAP:
On this show, I started a month-long focus on UK emusician Mark
Jenkins.  The
Featured CD at Midnight was "Sequencer Loops" on AMP Records.

The Vinyl Starter was from the soundtrack LP "Ignacio" by Vangelis on
EGG Records,
released in 1977.

I played the music of artists who will be appearing at the electro-music
festival.
Details and links are at the EMUSIC events page.

I announced the contest to rename EMUSIC.  The new deadline for entries
is midnight
of June 9 during the show.

Mark Jenkins -
http://wdiy.org/programs/emusic/playlists/2005/focus05.html#jun
EMUSIC events page - http://wdiy.org/programs/emusic/events.html
Rename EMUSIC Contest - http://wdiy.org/programs/emusic/rename.html

PLAYLIST:

11:04 pm
ARTIST                  TRACK                    ALBUM (label)
======================= ========================
==================================
Vangelis                Entends-tu les chiens    Ignacio (EGG)
                          aboyer?
Diana Behlke            Beginnings               Rapeseed (Figure XII)
Recompas                Plasticine               Definition (Nophi)
Mikronesia              track 3                  Tissue Paper Ghosts ++
Frank Balestracci       Prelude Polaire          Existences Invisibles
(Carbon 7)
VA [Orbital Decay]      Analog Daze              electro-music 2005 Sampler
                                                   (electro-music media)
The Amaranth Signal     Canyon de Chelly         Penumbra (none)
Wave World              Nebulae - An Ambient     Cloudseeder (VFR)
                          Symphony

12:00 am
Mark Jenkins            The Stone                Sequencer Loops (AMP)
Mark Jenkins            A Gift for the Darkness  Sequencer Loops (AMP)
Mark Jenkins            The Slow Cooling of a    Sequencer Loops (AMP)
                          Dying Sun
Mark Jenkins            Weaponised Strain 11966  Sequencer Loops (AMP)
Mark Jenkins            Peace Machine            Sequencer Loops (AMP)
Mark Jenkins            The Ceremony of          Sequencer Loops (AMP)
                          Innocence
Mark Jenkins            I Can Cause You to Join  Sequencer Loops (AMP)
                          in the Rhythmic Dance
Mark Jenkins            Moving Mirrors           Sequencer Loops (AMP)
Mark Jenkins            The Surge Cloud/         Sequencer Loops (AMP)
                          Pyroclastic Flow
Mark Jenkins            Las Pampas de Mongolia   Sequencer Loops (AMP)

1:00 am

 * = excerpt
VA = Various Artists (compilation)
++ = Advance CDR from Artist

NEXT SHOW:
On the next EMUSIC, I'll continue the month-long focus on Mark Jenkins.
The
Featured CD at Midnight will be replaced by Mark Jenkins in person,
giving an
in-studio concert for the WDIY membership drive.  There will be CD thank
you gifts
suitable for the EMUSIC listening audience for those who pledge at certain
membership levels.

The Vinyl Starter will be from the LP "Bruits et Temps Analogues" by
Patrick Vian
on EGG Records, released in 1976.

Bill
Host of EMUSIC, an electronic, ambient, and space music show, Thursdays at
11:04 pm EDT (GMT-4:00) on WDIY 88.1 FM in Allentown and Bethlehem, 93.7 in
Fogelsville and Trexlertown, 93.9 FM in Easton and Phillipsburg and 92.9 on
Sevice Electric Cable.  Listen on-line to WDIY at http://wdiy.org and
click on
the LISTEN link or go directly to:
http://rm1.refugemedia.com/ramgen/encoder/wdiy.rm
EMUSIC web site - http://wdiy.org/programs/emusic
To subscribe to the EMUSIC-on-WDIY mailing list, click on [Join This
Group!] at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/emusic-wdiy
RSS News Feed: http://wdiy.org/programs/emusic/rss/enews.xml
Podcasts: http://wdiy.org/programs/emusic/rss/EMUSIC.xml