Re:Ableton's LIVE 5.0 and First Loop Capability

>Is it impossible for Ableton's LIVE to have
>the simplest First Loop Capability that the Line 6 DL 4 or Boss
>Loopstation have:
>you know,  you hit a button,  record a loop and truncate it when you feel
>like it and then sync the remainder of
>your loops to it like a Repeater does?
>
>Am I just being naive or is there some reason why this feature is not
>included so far.

hi Rick,
Be careful, you risk incurring the wrath of the bar line police here.
Since the 80's it's been known to all that musical phrases should start at
the beginning of the bar, and that the subsequent notes should be a
measurable distance from that start point.
Now what would happen if you were allowed to do what you want here?
Firstly
there's no guarantee that you'll start the looping device exactly on the
barline, which means there will be no way of measuring the exact position
of any of the notes you play. Worse still, it's likely that music would be
played before a pre-determined tempo is set, meaning that unauthorised
sounds will be heard without  an acceptably defined musical genre.

andybutler