Re: machine?

> he older I get the more I embrace the
> limitations of gear and find it inspiring.  Also, the
> longer I work with drum machines/sequencers the more I
> want to make them sound like the machines they are.
> The juxtaposition of machine with traditional
> instruments really excites me.

Its funny you say that as I've been feeling very similarly for a while
now.  Having now created a monstrously complicated signal path for my
electric guitar experiments (or complicated too me at least), I find
that I have really blown myself out by creating too many options.  Sure,
when I finally find the right combination of sounds, its awesome but I
find I spend nearly as much time trying combinations of effects and
levels as I do actually playing the instrument.  I really love the gear
I have that is limited in what it can do, but is flexible enough to let
you push it past what you expect are its limits (the Multivox Multi-Echo
comes to mind).

And as far as drum machines go, I really dislike 'real' drum sounds.  If
I can't get a drummer or percussionist, I want a machine to do something
they never could (since it so clearly can't do what they can).

Kevin

How amazing, how amazing!
Hard to comprehend that
Nonsentient beings expound Dharma.