Re: Drummachine?

I wanted to love the E-mu Command Stations because I loved the sound
sets. But I spent a while with one at the store and came away fairly
thoroughly frustrated. It utterly failed the "just sit down and use
it" test. In contrast, every time I've played with an Electribe, it's
been pretty much immediately obvious what to do.

That being said I opted for a Machinedrum rather than an Electribe.
It's an inspiring and relatively intuitive box, but with deep corners
that I haven't really begun to assimilate.

The last drum machine that I really enjoyed programming was a Korg
DDD-1. Since then I've had an MC-505 and an SR-16 and both sounded
much better, but they never pulled me into wanting to program them.

For my CD, I actually played the drums "live" using my Handsonic,
though through the miracle of looping I only needed to play them for
one measure. ;-) I can't remember now whether I used the EDP or the
lame-ass sequencer built into the Handsonic.

Mark