Re: The dangers of live laptop looping...

On Monday, June 6, 2005, at 11:44 AM, mark sottilaro wrote:

> Remember, even a tubeamp can die during a show (though
> it's less likely)

Actually, I have incontrovertible proof that tube amps, specifically
early-60s Fenders, can fail onstage when an overzealous roadie/merch
person trips over the power cord and tips over the amp, spilling the
beer placed atop the amp into the open back of the cabinet. However,
Hammond B3's have been known to survive dousings with Venti Lattes.

>  It's best to just not be freaked
> out by it on stage and try and laugh it off and make a
> joke.

Absolutely. A musician friend of mine in the audience for the show
Saturday said he really enjoyed my noise solo. So I guess it connected
in some way...