AW: the screen in between

Stephane,

back then when I studied composition at the college whilst going through
the final years of school, I would compose and arrange in my hours off.
My resources: a sheet of paper with lines on it and a pencil. Try it, it
works!

        Rainer

hello,
this is a bit off-topic but maybe some of you will have good tips. i
have been thinking about getting rid of a computer, at least for a
while. to rest from my small but growing addiction. also as an
experiment, to see if it affects my everyday life, in a longer run. i'm
curious to see if i chose to avoid spending a too big part of my life in
front of a screen. my main hesitation is about how to produce music then
(composing, arranging...). the only alternative i see right now are
these multitracks digital recorders but i'm a bit sceptic and afraid
i'll be pissed with the "linear" way of working. any suggestions?

stéphane
http://www.clumsybeats.org