Re: Seeking sampler and keyboard advice

>SO:  Here's what I want to be able to do.
>
>Are there keyboards that can do this all internally?  Do I need a
>sampler and a separate keyboard to trigger.  Do I also need
>something to
>store the samples in for access?  Or would the keyboard access the
>sampler directly?
>
>Anyone have any advice to point me in the right direction?

I'm quite sure there are others here who will be able to give you
very specific advice, but I'm thinking you can do what you want with
a MIDI keyboard controller (relatively cheap, as opposed to buying a
nice hardware synth) and an application like Ableton Live or Reason.
I'm just getting started with all of this stuff myself, but all you'd
have to do is have your samples loaded up in your software
application and assign them to a key on your MIDI keyboard. Press
middle "C" and you've got your sneeze, etc. That *may* be the
cheapest way to go, but others can probably help you more, as I said.

Maybe that's a start?

Jeff