Re: Blue or Red?

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005, Travis Hartnett wrote:

> Aren't 2GB compact flash cards around $200 these days?  If so, that's
> an expensive package--if you need to record 6.5 hours of material...

I find the whole idea of putting a spec that it can "Record 6.5 hours of
material" idiotic. Cards can be slow/cumbersome and expensive so it's
hardly a practical means of saving files.

Then again, I've never needed more than 30 second for any loops I've done
and there certainly are plenty of folks who would consider what I do
idiotic :)

Does this using come with internal memory and a smart card? If so what is
the stock amount of time out of the box?

> On 6/8/05, David Kirkdorffer <vze2ncsr@verizon.net> wrote:
> > Sacre Bleu!
> >
> > Highlights from reading the description provided....
> >
> > - no midi
> > - 6.5 HOURS of loop time
> > - the newsgroup writer wonders if Bob Sellon / Lexicon has given the
>rights
> > to the "JamMan" name
> > - sales price a little less than $300 or there abouts
> > - uses a 2GB compact flash to store loops
> >
> > But is this real, or a fake?
> >
> > David Kirkorffer

HELP WANTED PRODUCTIONS - Http://www.HelpWantedProductions.com
"Bringing you the best in Organic Electronic music since we started..."

Home of the Unusual Instrument and Recording Gallery with pictures and
info of Tube recorders, Omnichords, weird guitars, Casios, and more.