Re: [LOOP] Re: X-Y midi foot controller?

If you're willing to take a Mac laptop with you, the Steim junxion
application converts USB to MIDI, and is immensely configurable.

http://www.steim.org/steim/junxion.html

Using the SmartJoyPlus playstation2>USB adapter (about $13 US) you can use
a Dance Dance Revolution playstation2 game controller.

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=161&products_id=3833&;

(or almost every other playstation2 controller I've tested, although sadly
not the Taiko Drum Master ps2 drum controller. Whine. :) )

Or literally every USB keyboard or input device I've tried so far.
However, you're asking for x-y, and it occured to me that I hadn't tested
junXion with graphics tablets yet.

So, last night after the show I played in, I went by the local Apple
Store and tested my Powerbook running junXion with a Wacom graphics
tablet. The only one unpackaged was the Wacom Intuos3 6"x8" pad, the
roughly $350 retail one. It works flawlessly with junXion, junXion
autosensing and labeling x, y, three buttons (pen) and scrollwheel
(mouse). Interestingly enough, the x and y values did not appear to be
position, but speed: the faster you move left or right, the higher the x
value rose to. Since the Wacom family of tablets uses the same drivers, I
expect the $99 non-Intuos 4x5" tablet works identically with junXion.

best,
Steve B
Subscape Annex    http://www.subscapeannex.com/
Phasmatodea       http://www.phasmatodea.net/