Why the Looper's Delight archive search is broken

At 07:05 AM 6/11/2005, phill wilson wrote:
>hear hear about the search, i have tried a few obvious things and got no
>results whats with that?

>>From: Randy Leifer <redrabbitlosangeles@yahoo.com>
>>
>>I wish the LD "search" was working, as this info is
>>easily found in the archives here.

Sorry about that.

The Looper's Delight archive search is broken because my server began
developing major disk problems. The first symptom was the search database
for Looper's Delight getting corrupted a couple weeks ago. The server was
getting a little old anyway, so rather than try to fix it we decide to
upgrade to a new server. Of course that takes a little while to set up,
but
it is going smooth so far. We are currently transferring all the web sites
we run to the new machine, and the last one scheduled to transfer is
Looper's Delight. That will be tomorrow morning. I don't expect any
problems, and hopefully nobody will even notice. Once the transfer is done
and any issues that come up are fixed, I will be able to rebuild the
search
database and get it running again. I'll let you know when it is working.

thanks,
kim