FS: Complete Tascam 38 1/2" Reel to Reel + DBX units, cables, etc...

I am selling a  Tascam 1/2" reel to reel deck for a friend. This unit
was used by a theater composer for years who maintained it  but hasn't
used it in a few years. It was sealed in plastic in a closet  and he is
moving so it goes to me to get rid of. This appears to be a complete pro
level analog recording package and includes the following:

Tascam 38 - 8 track 1/2" tape reel to reel deck. The unit looks like in
it's excellent condition. All lights, meters, buttons, etc, light up and
the transport and LED appear to function perfectly. SUPER clean . There
is one ding in the outside case cosmetically otherwise it looks almost
new. I don't have any 1/2" tape or  time to wire this all up but I
tested it a few times for all the functions I could check and it appears
in top shape. Due to the fact I can't fully test it I am selling it AS
IS.  The previous owner said he had it serviced regularly and I know he
takes super good care of his equipment but again, it's not fully tested
by me so buy it accordingly. Dust cover is included.

There are two (2) DX-4D DBX noise reduction units included. Each is one
19" rack space with ears, rca in/out (like the unit itself) and fully
switchable per channel and master one off. Each comes with an eight
channel RCA -> RCA snake so you can hook them up to the 38 right away
for a complete 8 channels of switchable DBX.

Also included is a single space 19" rack space Tascam 48 point RCA
patchbay, an extra 8 channel Rca-Rca snake and a handle full of loose
rca-rca cables. presumably this will allow you even more flexibility in
routing things into the deck, DBX units, etc. The snakes are all high end.

There also is a large 1/2" size metal take up reel and a box of misc
splicing equipment, leader tape, cleaning supplies etc.

Basically this came out of the closet of a Pro who took care of it very
well but has no need for it anymore. You get everything needed including
extra cables, three snakes, 8 full channels of DBX, the Deck in what
appears to be *very* good condition, and many extra misc things. This is
ideal for the home recordist who wants professional  "old school" reel
to reel recordings and analog warmth. I'm told these ae KILLER on
recording drums and bass (not the techno genre the instruments - :)).
Many folks record synths and such on this kind of analog system ansd
then dump it to computer to get a better sound as well. All you need is
a mixer of your choice and you're good to go.

Prices vary on these. They sell pretty consistently in the $400 range
for the tape deck alone on auction but obviously go for less at times
and more from dealers.  The extras add quite a bit (even the damn metal
takeup reel is $$).  I am looking for any reasonable offer for
everything. If you want just the DXB4 units or something then that's a
possibility as well but only after the deck is sold. I need to sell this
but I don't have to "dump" it if you know what I mean. Still if you've
got a serious offer then let me know ASAP.

I will GREATLY prefer a pickup sale in Phila PA and can meet anywhere an
hour or so away as well on a confirmed sale. If there is no pickup and
local music stores don't want it I may consider shipping in it a bit
but  please keep in mind this unit is HEAVY and shipping and packing
will need to be done by a pro place and will be expensive. Clearly US
only on this and shipping is a last resort. I will rather take a lower
offer than ship at a higher price so here's your chance for a super
bargain.

Again, this is a well taken care of, complete pro analog recording
package  piece but it is untested with tape so "As Is". I will answer
any questions I can so feel free to ask. I have pictures on request.

Thanks!

HELP WANTED PRODUCTIONS - Http://www.HelpWantedProductions.com
"Bringing you the best in Organic Electronic music since we started..."

NOW! New online shopping cart of great Indie Rock and Electronic music:
Http://www.HelpWantedProductions.com/catalog.htm