RE: Improv loops (was Re: Upcoming gig

Since I started looping and playing mostly improvisational,
spontaneously composed performances, I don't practice or rehearse for
them...I'm not lying.  I find that it ruins the moment of improv. I like
to enter the stage with my mind as clear as possible. My ears (knowing
how to hear tonal centers, modulations, complex harmonies, keys, etc)
and years of technique from playing jazz and progressive rock (reacting
quickly and being able to play the guitar and express what I hear in my
head with my eyes closed) do the rest for me. I just sit down, press the
Record button on my EDP controller and play my heart out. I do the same
thing when I play with my partner, a didjeridu player and
percussionists. I just start playing, and he reacts....and visa versa.
Taste + Technique + Listening are the only ingredients I need lately.

Krispen
http://www.krispenhartung.com