From: Edwin Hurwitz [mailto:edwin@indra.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 3:52 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: RE: Improv loops (was Re: Upcoming gig

I think that we are agreeing here. You've built up technique and
vocabulary over the years that stands you in good stead when you need to
empty your brain. If you never did any of it, you would be so caught up
in the mundane details that you wouldn't be able to spontaneously
create. I think this affects each of the elements of your equation. I
certainly think that trying to recreate spontaneous moments is a
complete waste of time. The practice is in the process rather than the
results.

Where I have let myself go is in improvising with the electronics, so it
will be interesting. Even having a sense of the wiring is a challenge,
given that I want to be able to effect loops and loop effects, etc.

Edwin

--

Edwin Hurwitz
Boulder CO