Re: Strategies (was: Re: Improv loops (was Re: Upcoming gig)

What stresses me personally at a gig is not being
prepared.When i started looping live i use to get
really tense because i wasnt used to playing alone and
having people focusing their attention on me,being
used to bands situations.Another factor that  was that
i didnt have fixed compositions and with looping i
find it kind of hard to practice something fixed or
premeditated arrangements, plus dealing with so much
gear vulnerable to malfunction.I rarely get nervous
before a gig nowdays but every now and then i do.I
like to find a corner a few minutes before a
performance and meditate a bit, or try to see a
positive picture of  a show.Aditionally a good cold
beer makes me chillout as well:-)
Luis

http://www.towerrecords.com/product.aspx?pfid=2845073

http://www.netmusic.com/web/album.aspx?a_id=CBNM_17314

> Ted Killian's "Flux Aeterna" is also available at:
> Apple iTunes,
> BuyMusic, Rhapsody, MusicMatch, MusicNet, DiscLogic,
> Napster,
> AudioLunchbox, Lindows, QTRnote, Music4Cents,
> Etherstream,
> RuleRadio, EMEPE3, Sony Connect, CatchMusic,
> Puretracks,
> and Viztas. Yadda, yadda, yadda. Blah, blah, blah.
> So???
>
> "Just because nobody understands you doesn't mean
> you're an artist."

www.luis-angulo.com

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/