Re: Why I'm starting to loath news paper music critics

At 9:13 PM +0200 6/20/05, Ian Petersen wrote:

>If you feel your work is misinterpreted then its your job as artist to
>make
>sure it doesn't get misinterpreted next time. You do that by making
>better art,
>not by crying 'foul' at the audience.

This is a curious thing. I happen to agree with it (especially taking
it out of context of the discussion-I haven't heard Kris' music). I
think it goes both ways. Last Wednesday, my loop show to me was a
tragic failure, yet the audience really liked it. I had requests to
get on the mailing list (which I don't have) and for recordings
(which I didn't bring). However, had I made "better art" and been
satisfied by my own performance, would I have gotten the positive
audience reaction? Should I cry foul at the audience for liking what
I did?

Hmmmm.
Edwin
--