RE: Why I'm starting to loath news paper music critics

Title:
#1. I did thank this reviewer for taking the time to review my CD, as well as a few positive and accurate, or at least honest statements he made about my music (I could have left it at that, but I did not...sorry, personality quirk...draw and quarter me metaphorically if you like....I'm out of shape so the cuts should be tender).
#2. I agreed with the reviewer that the lack of audience noise in the recording was less than desirable
#3. I spent the remainder of my letter focusing on what I perceived as three falsehoods, or at least ambiguities that could easily be interpreted by readers as a falsehood relative to the facts, which in turn could potentially degrade the perception of my music that I'm trying to foster locally (my prerogative)
#4. I doubt very much that this will hinder my exposure. That's sort of laughable, actually...if you knew Boise, population 200K. I have had far, far more heated debates with music critics in Boise than this, and I continue to get gigs and make contacts, plus maintain my respect by local musicians; I read the paper, people write heated content and responses like this all the time to editors and news papers, and about far more controversial things than, oh my god...[drum roll].....looped improv music
#5. Context is everything: locally, most of my peers agree with my letter; and this guy already has a reputation
#6. If anything, as one of my local peers suggested, this sort of thing could have a reverse effect and provide me more exposure - there is always someone who will agree or disagree with a review or letter to the editor...either way, I get a net gain of some sort. Besides, I don't do this for a living, so I have nothing to lose for being hyper-sensitive or argumentative with music reviewers locally, perhaps once every 4 or 5 years
#7. Thank for liking my music
#8. Get well soon.

K-