Crediting Bernhard Wagner

I wrote a short ditty, crediting  Andre LaFosse with turning me onto the
INS=SUB function, quantized to 8th notes EDP technique
that I love to use so much in concert.

   Bernhard Wagner wrote me and reminded me that he was actually the
person
who taught me how to use that technique
with the EDP.  I had forgotten this entirely and wanted to publicly
apologize to my good friend Bernhard for this oversite.
Here is the letter I sent him which explains the history of me and this
technique so that all involved will get the credit due:

Dear Bernhard,
About me writing about where I first heard the retriggering of short loops
with a drum machine technique in the EDP,
you inquired:

"I'm eager to learn why you credit Andre for this."

You had also pointed to an email I had written to you after reading a post
about that technique on L.D.
where I had asked you how you had achieved that very same technique right
before your beautiful Y2K4 performance that you had taught me the
technique.
Thanks for reminding me of this.

The answer, in truth, is because I saw him do it live in concert long
before
I ever met
you.  He used that technique the second time I saw him
play in Santa Cruz at least a year or more before I met you at Loopstock.
You can ask him, because I immediatley went up to him after his Santa Cruz
appearance and excitedly told him how inspiring it was and how much I
wanted
to jump up on stage and drum with him. He even told me how to do it, but I
didn't own an EDP at the time and didn't
even understand it's complex architecture so I knew the technique
existed but not how to actually make it happen.

Later in Switzerland, Matthias Grob showed me again how to accomplish this
techniqe but I was really new to the EDP and didn't have the luxury of
learning it as I was on a long tour and away from my laboratory.   I didn't
learn it then either, I blush to say.

   As you accurately point out,  you did show me how to do the technique
the
first time I retained the information and I honestly had forgotten that you
had.

Please forgive me.  It was an unintentional oversite and slip of
memory on my part and I apologize if you took offence
because of it.  Credit for the learning the details of that technique are
due to you and thanks for reminding long term memory impaired brain.

Again, my apologies.

you also wrote:
"I'm afraid triggering short loops from a drum machine has nothing to do
with
8th replacement."

Yes, you are again, of course correct.  I was really tired when I wrote
that

and writing really fast and confused two different techniques.
What I meant and communicated really poorly, is that I love how the EDP can
segment the loops in controllable ways with several different techniques.
Again, forgive my innaccuracies and thanks for your knowledge in pointing
them out to you.  I always learn from you, Bernhard.

Thanks and with warmth and a lot of respect I remain your friend and
supporter,

Rick.
******