finger controller and Repeater melodic loop manipulation

I see that M-Audio has a new controller called a Trigger Finger which has
16
pads and several knobs and sliders.

I want one badly because it is small and lightweight and has the
equivalent
of two octaves of modal triggering capabilities
which in my harmonically limited universe is my idea of a good time.

I used to use my Roland Octapad as what I called a modal log drum and I
loaded up several different
world music scales from C to C into it so that I could trigger my old Akai
S950 sampler......voila, a modal
electronic baliphone with no wrong notes (as long as you don't
modulate...............lol).

I've been using my Octapad again to control my Repeater loops melodically.
I love doing this with a complex timbral
loop like a brass candy dish,  stuck and controlled by overtone comb
filter
manipulations using the chamber of the mouth.  The portamento effect when
going between intervallically disparate notes is so cool using this
technique and  I love taking a found object and suddenly recontextualizing
it into a tuned and playable musical instrument.

Again, credit where credit is due (which seems to be my spiritual lesson
and
work for this week),  my brother
Bill is the person who hipped me to this technique and I think he does it
as
well as anyone I've seen.

I especially love how he uses a sequencer on his midi guitar to drive
octave
and fifth jumps on his Repeater loops.
If anyone wants to hear the results of a very cool experiment that Bill
did
using me, a kanjira and a Bansuri bamboo
flute as his guinea pigs let me know and I'll e-mail it to you off list.

I think it is too hefty to post at L.D. although I'm a little murky on the
accuracy of that statement.