From: .David.Auker. [mailto:DaVAuk@Hevanet.com]
Sent: Mittwoch, 22. Juni 2005 16:00
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: Scales [was RE: Mathematics, Prime Numbers, & Looping with
theEDP]

loopdelightml@nosuch.biz wrote:

>E.g. this example is entirely in the
>Db mixolydian b6 mode (if that's what you'd call it):
>http://loopersdelight.com/LDarchive/200409/msg00160.html
>
>What totally fascinates me about this particular one is that it sounds
>like
>a minor scale even though you have the major 3rd right in there. Only by
>flattening the 6th it gets that minor twist. Love it.
>
>Bernhard
>http://nosuch.biz

I don't know if it's just my karma :-), but I'm getting the following
when trying http://nosuch.biz

>   Forbidden
>
> You don't have permission to access /nosuch.biz/soundz/8threplace.mp3
> on this server.

> Apache/1.3.27 Server at www.xmlizer.biz Port 80

Looking forward to hearing the comp!
=
I've been enjoying a melodic device I found in Robert Schumann's short
piano piece "Aveu."  Thought of in terms of the blues scale, you could
use the scale's 5th over the i chord, the flatted 5th in a MII chord,
and let that linger/resolve into the 7th of a V7.  (In A Minor, that
would be an E, Eb, D over the A Minor, B Major, E7.)  If Schumann was
doing this in the 1800's, it's been around for a while, but it was a new
understanding to my ear/head!

David