Re: Mathematics, Prime Numbers, & Looping with the EDP

On Jun 22, 2005, at 14:17, Hartung, Kris wrote:

> I like your idea of transposing your loops with various number
> sequences. What software are you using? Mobius?

No, I'm using Augustus Loop. That's the only looping software I know
that can change pitch of a running loop, even in overdubbing mode.
It's OS X only. When I was using Windows machines I had an Electrix
Repeater for for that practice (Repeater also keeps the loop length
by applying time stretching on the fly. However used with Live 5 I
think Augustus Looper comes out pretty awesome anyway!). On Mac there
is also Apple's free AU Looper that comes with Tiger, but it's still
not correctly implemented, so you can not map external MIDI to
control its functions. Except for IF you are using Apples AU Lab as
the host application, but then you can not save the MIDI controller
map you set up. All too crazy!

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.looproom.com (international)