Re: Mathematics, Prime Numbers, & Looping with the EDP

 Hi,

recently I am working in this field of music for a long time,but
unfortunately I had never ever success with it...eventhough the results are
sometimes exciting.

For such operations I use at least 6 DOD Dimension 12 to realize such
sounds.

I know-the DOD Device is to most of you a kind of non-device (and I
understand it).
But they were cheap and good enough to realize my ideas in a live Setup.
For longer delays and loops I use the Mac.

Each Dod will get feed by the same signal of the Monoguitar Rig....Can be
also synth or whatever.

Each DOD has a different Delay time(as the Dod has only 12 seconds
max.-the delaytimes for primes are 11/7/5/3/2/1 ).
This explains why I use six Dods in paralell row.

For some of you 12 seconds maybe poorly,but in a six shift of different
times,this is really enough.

Layers of Layers are interacting and the result is really not to see thru.

And now the real deal !!!

Through a floorboard I route the six mono channels to my analog
"synth"-gear wich has FM,real RM and so on.

What have we here ? An analog Waveshaping system wich reacts totally to
the player.

Describe it as analog DX7 or Casio VZ.The results are quiet different.

The old Dods are wonderful machines for such a setup,because of low cost
and a weird kind of analog feeling and
sound manipulation.

Think about it,what you want to loop,how you want to loop and that your
stomach is always satisfied.

Martin