RE: OT- Loop Videos / How to get file size down!

Wow, I've learned a lot from this thread. I discovered yesterday that
the mpg files that I ripped from my looping DVD were of this nature:

> File type: .mpg (MPEG-2)
> Data rate: 1666 KB/Sec
> Frame Rate: 29.97 fps
> Video size: 720 X 480

So, I guess it was better that I went to MPEG-2 and not MPEG-4. I don't
think my program had the MPEG-4 option, but the MPEG-2 seem to look
fine, even when I burn back to DVD. In fact, this is what I did for my
promo DVD.

So is .avi even better than all of these because it is not compressed? I
noticed my USB enabled microscope and software program converts my
microbiological videos to .avi,and they are huge! If figured they might
be the video version of a .wav file, the raw deal.

Incidentally, I was experimenting with the trial-ware for Sorensen, than
realized that I had Adobe Premier 6.0...I forgot....whoops. It has a
cool Real Audio integration function called Cleaner, and a great wizard
for exporting my MPEG-2 files as Real Audio, but Primier also allows me
to export to windows media and Quick-Time as well, and I think a few
other formats.  So far, so good...keeping the quality I wanted and the
file size down.

The only downfall is the the Primier rendering time is horendous!  I
could have lunch and take a nap in between each file converstion.

Cheers,

Kris