RE: triggering loops with a drum machine Crediting

hi folks,

I kind of missed the EDP 8th Quantise SUB  drum machine trigger thread,
...but here's some more info. to add to the general incomprehensibility.

Andre LaFosse at one time had a drum machine which he configured as a MIDI
controller for his EDP, and I remember reading that at one gig he set up a
number of loops, and then ran a "drum program" to rapidly change between
loops. I always thought that the drum machine was not used for it's sounds
in this case.

The technique that Bernhard Wagner (and a number of others) uses to create
a fast "sequence" of evenly spaced notes was invented by me during the
Beta
testing of the Loop4 software for the EDP.
The first ever available recording which features his technique is:-
www.andybutler.com/mp3/backwater.mp3

Andre's ability to take an abstract loop, and turn it into a rhythmic loop
is not dependant on the 8th quantise feature, though he certainly used it
for this on occasion.
Andre was very taken with 8th Quantise, and said that his music was
greatly
influenced by it,
but he wasn't so keen on the idea of creating streams of regular 8th
notes.
He posted here describing the use of 8th Quantise, and advised "make sure
you do some longer presses of Sub" so that the rhythm would be varied.
 From what Andre has said since, it seems he doesn't use Quantise so much
now, preferring to rely on his own rhythmic accuracy to create a similar
result.

andy butler
www.andybutler.com