Re: triggering loops with a drum machine Crediting

On Jun 25, 2005, at 12:46, a k butler wrote:

> Andre LaFosse at one time had a drum machine which he configured as
> a MIDI controller for his EDP, and I remember reading that at one
> gig he set up a number of loops, and then ran a "drum program" to
> rapidly change between loops.

That's a cool trick! Only recently I tried to set that up with the
EDP loops trigged from Ableton Live scenes on my laptop. I postponed
the project though, because I found out that mixing software loops
and EDP in parallel would require the use of a analog multi channel
mixer to stay free from latency problems.

(My vision was to use 9 EDP loops, each one corresponding to a Live
scene containing data to transform pitch of two or three software
loops. So let's say I go from scene one (= tonika) to scene 5
(dubdominant) the EDP would follow by going from Loop 1 to Loop 5 (or
however you set it up). Because the limited foot buttons on the
FCB1010 I decided to go with nine pitch options. Depending on which
of the buttons (pitch) you use as the key tonal center you can in
praxis improvise with many different chord changes, keys and scales.
The pitch buttons are relative, key and scale is only a function of
the audio you play into the loops and, given the pitch button used as
the tonal center.)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.looproom.com (international)