Re: Definitive List of Every Looper Ever Made

On every online group that exists for any length of time, there is the
problem (for oldbies)
of newbies asking questions that have been answered time and time again.

It's a pain when you realize that newbies have not done their homework and
checked out the archives
or the rest of the site.

That being said, it is also a fact of life in all life that newbies have
questions that take up time.
Several times when I started I tried Kim's patience by not knowing the
site
or how it worked.
I felt bad about it, but I learned.

A certain amount of naivite is the lay of the land when one is new to
something.
A certain amount of patience is required when dealing with some one who is
just learning about something.

When I see that this latest thread has dominated the list in the past few
days with back and forths about the way the thread should have been done
I think two things:

1) someone can make the positive suggestiong to forward the list to the
Tools of the Trade page (which is very incomplete due to lack
or our own input).

2)  people who are irritated by the thread don't need to read it.

It is, for me, personally, just as irritating to read post after post of
people being reactive to criticisms on both sides as it is to
think,  "Oh, damn,  why didn't that newbie do their homework."

Let's put our energy into either teaching new people on our list with
compassion and patience or starting new fascinating threads so there is
something else to read besides.
Re: Definitive List of Every Looper Ever Made

Rick Walker