RE: Doug's gratuitous introspective.... / Live Insect Looping?

Where is the song, David?  It isn't on your download.com page.  I
wouldn't mind checking it out.

I have no doubt many people have incorporated insect sounds into their
music, or even made them the feature. I have even heard of folks
sampling all sorts of insects, and them using them as their sound canvas
with a MIDI controller keyboard, etc....what I really wonder is if
someone has used live insects in a live performance setting. It would be
like me bringing my USB enabled microscope, and showing real protozoa
and amoebae on an overhead projector while I was playing...damn, I wish
I could afford to do that....I'm burning to loop to the video of my DVD
"Microscopic Horrors".

Imagine seeing creeping stuff like this, at a live performance,  while
listening to weird, experimental and avant-garde music:

http://static.zed.cbc.ca/users/k/khartung/files/Microcosmic_Zoo.wmv

OR

http://zed.cbc.ca/go?POS=11&CONTENT_ID=164375&c=contentPage&FILTER_KEY=3
670