Franz de Byl

A long time ago, back in the 1980's, a friend who
lived in Germany sent me a tape of a gentleman named
Franz de Byl. It was and is a pretty astounding chunk
of music. There was no information with this tape at
all, but what was apparently happening was that he was
playing amplified acoustic guitar a' la' John Martyn
and running it through a bunch of effects. I strongly
suspect that there was some sort of primitive looping
going on, or else this guy is the world's greatest
unknown fingerpicker with a totally relentless and
accurate right hand.

In any case, if anybody has heard of this guy, or even
better, has any of his work on CD, I would be
definitely interested. The one solo album of his I can
find out about was called "Solo," and other than this
I have no information.

Thanks -

Mark S.