programs that "create" music for you (was: Live Insect Looping?)

From: "Hartung, Kris"
Oh now you're out of control, Ben. :)

>>> LOL!<<<

Yes, very tempting idea.  I like the interactive aspect. I wonder if there
is a way to allow the audience to modify the effect and presets one uses?
For instance, I'm laying down a loop, and some audience member tweaks
something that switches my effect from something on my Boss VH1 to
something
on my computer, like Antares Filter. I'm afraid to ask what sort of
contraption I would need to get audience input into a MIDI program change
signal. A light based, effect grid projected on the wall that was touch
sensitive by a pencil-like laser would be an easy way.  You could hand a
few
lasers out and let the audience go hog wild....could also get annoying for
musician after a while too.

>>> Perhaps you can have a look to this
>>> http://infusionsystems.com/catalog/index.php? Lots of ideas,...
I was also thinking of buing some cheap midi controllers (like the
behringer
ones) or theremins and give them to the audience. The point is: how to get
them back after the show?
The advantage of sounder (try the free demo, the site has been reloaded
lately, so perhaps some good upgrade will be available soon) is that you
can
chosse a specific chord to jam over. The objects bounce inside a square
triggering a note when they touch the sides (up to 4 notes). You can
easily
change the mood by relaunching an object in another direction,another
speed,...
Anyway, letting someone (the audience or a SW tool) create some base on
top
of which you can add layers can bring you in un-expected directions.
<<<

Btw, I'm still warming up to the idea of programs that "create" music for
me....it either scares me, or intrigues me...one, the other ,or both...

>>>Sound and Vision are linked and I can't myself see one without the
>other
>>>(see also coagula on http://hem.passagen.se/rasmuse/Coagula.htm).
I've always been interesting by the "moving lights" (scanner,
robocolor,...)
that follow the music. IMHO, it's more interresting to listen to a tune in
WinAmp with the visualization turned on. I recently tested some realtime
rendering tools (http://www.vjcentral.com) but I would need a PC for audio
(mobius/VST) and another for the visual effects + a LCD projector or 10
LCD
screens ;-)  Too expensive for the time beeing ;-)
<<<

Ben.