RE: Website: www.jo-jena.com

> This is interesting. I could never let go of a rig that supported me in
> creating the kind of sounds you did!

Sorry, Mistake: I intented to write "instrument" not "instruments", so
the only
device I sold was the modular. The rest still belongs to me (so my
maindevice
is now the t.c. G - major and the editing of digital recorded devices via
Plug
Ins such as the InaGRM - Series).

"But I'm convinced that, at a live performance, if you're focussed and
manage
to focus the audience, too, and draw from the emerging energy, the sound
will be far beyond those 10%, even beyond 100% ;)."

Yeah, but you canīt control automated processes in way, as 4 musicians -
for
example in a jazz environment do - can interact with themselfes. Look:
Take a
bird and take a airplane. 1.) genius: nature 2.) apes in a metal box
trying to
be a bird. In a way, Improvisers managing to master their tonal instruments
over years of practising are the better machines (as the classic symphony
orchetra is a better "synthesizer" for the composer than every modular can)
than some Roland or echoplex - chips. I believe in electronic technology,
but
it needs a situation as in laboratory life (and this is were it emerged
historically, next to edison, bell laboratories and other universities: it
is
more about experimentation then about life performing, that comes out
of a more
medieval/christian culture in western terms or religious or folk -
rituals in a
more universal focus). And take a string - quartett - aesthetic, isnīt it?
People behind knobes? Not so much ladies in the audience, right? Uuuh,
heavy
discussion themes emerging....

Cheers,

Johannes