Re: (acoustic guitar) Website: www.jo-jena.com

In the Celtic folk band I play with, I use the following:

1) Larrivee acoustic (steel string) with B-Band AST (Acoustic
Soundboard Transducer) and UST (Under Saddle Transducer) pickups into
a B-Band preamp/mixer (A3 or A4, can't quite remember).

2) Mid-Missouri Mandolin with a Pick-up The World Mandolin pickup.
It's a thin, film-transducer that rests under the instrument's bridge
(held in place by the pressure from the mando's stings pushing on the
bridge.

3) Both instruments are fed (via A/B box) into a Boss GT-6 for the
purposes of levelling the volume outputs from the instruments and
applying the occasional effect. (The GT6 is also used for the electric
guitar during one song.) The output of the GT6 runs through a DI box
straight to the board.

I love the sound of the B-Band system. The ability to mix the depth of
the AST with the brightness of the UST is great. My only complaint is
that the output is pretty low. Enough so that I'm considering getting
an external pre-amp like one of the LR Baggs systems or the Fishman
mentioned elsewhere in this thread.

I'm also quite fond of the Pick-up the World pickup. It was
inexpensive and easy to install myself. The mandolin really sounds
good through the PA.  The only complaints: 1) again low output, and 2)
the carpenter jack is the weak link. I definitely need to install an
end-pin jack.

BTW, my "low output" comparisons come from comparison to the outputs
of my backup acoustic (an 80s, Korean-made "Vantage" brand) and my
bandmate's old Godin A-series.

Here's the links:
www.b-band.com
www.pick-uptheworld.com