he does it again and a recording question

so sorry for that screwup.....i'm just learning this e-mail
system.....btb.....now that my philips cd recorder went south and just 2
daze
ago my marantz 4 trac ate my CT-POEM PROJECT the spinning thang that moves
the
casette forward no longer moves (and i babyed this piece of equipment), i
need
a new recording machine, i was thinking the edirol R-1.....has anyone used
one
of these.....there was only 1 review at H.C. and it was pretty negative
although it sounded like a LOUD ROCKER wrote it.....i know nothing of
"smart
media cards" but it looks like a good field recorder (small) as well as an
at
home one.....i know we talked about this a few weeks ago but i was
wondering
if anyone got one of these or something else that they would recommend
since
the last thread.....it's always something no?.....mic