Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2005 11:06 PM
Subject: AW: what about patchbay ?

I'd like to advise against the smaller Behringer mixers...they are so cheap that they really ARE cheap. Rule of thumb: do not get one of those below the €100 price mark. I have to admit I haven't been testing the UB series to a greater extent, but I do own two MX2642A and firmly believe that this must be the best mixer ever built for artists with lots of effects (like most of us): six auxes and four busses, a total of 26 inputs (or 8 mono ins (w/ inserts AND direct outs), 4 stereo ins, 4 aux returns and one tape return), it's a rackmount device and its patchbay (which has all the connectors mounted to it, not the usual inputs and inserts on top, outputs on the rear) can be mounted on the rear or the bottom (great for rack installation).

Without wanting to start a flame war, I believe that Behringer gear is of a higher quality in every aspect than Rane gear. While Mackie does win over Behringer with regard to reliability, some of the Behringer stuff actually wins with regard to audio specs.

        Rainer