Looper's Delight Archive Top (Search)
Looper's Delight Home
Mailing List Info

Re: My "Pretty Song"...

Thanks Kris. I really wish I had the discipline to be a musical
"Swiss Army Knife" like some folks -- yourself for instance.
I'm more of a busted Polish Army Knife (and that's being
unkind to Polish people). I do what I can do. Playing with
different folks puts me in a different musical head-space
sometimes.

My friend Jeff (with whom I just played in Santa Cruz)
adamantly eschews almost all sense of rhythm or key
in his own work with a religious zeal. Though he did allow
for my tendency to be mostly tonal (sort of) and for his sake
I avoided alll sense of groove for the evening we last played.
Compromise is often neccessary for things to work.

It kept me on my toes.

Best regards,

tEd kiLLiAn

"Different is not always better, but better is always different"

http://www.pfmentum.com/flux.html
http://www.CDbaby.com/cd/tedkillian
http://www.guitar9.com/fluxaeterna.html
http://www.garageband.com/artist/ArsOcarina
http://www.towerrecords.com/product.aspx?pfid=2845073
http://www.netmusic.com/web/album.aspx?a_id=CBNM_17314

and Viztas. Yadda, yadda, yadda. Blah, blah, blah. So???