Re:zen and the fluent music-Cage

>  have to say that I love the things that John Cage wrote about and
> loved his use of chance in music.   I have a first edition, signed
> copy of "Silence" and it is one of my heirlooms (though I don't
> have an heir........<weak smile>)   but quite frankly,   I actually
>enjoy very little of his actual music.

wow,
Can't believe you don't love the prepared piano stuff.

kind of gamelan mutates into Eric Satie

Sure he also did a lot of stuff where reading the description was
just as enlightening
as hearing the music.

http://www.naxos.com/mainsite/default.asp?pn=Composers&char=C&ComposerID=165
(the naxos site has soundbites from a vast range of stuff, if you
sign up to their very occasional
newsletters)

andybutler