Re: Delurk, intro and a couple of questions.

Hi Risto!
I'm afraid you are mistaken wrt the powerbooks and performance - many pc
laptops will match or even outperform pricy g5 stationaries when running
Live, and I guess out-perform powerbooks by the flop-load - even cheap
pc laptops will out-perform VERY expensive powerbooks running live4 or
5. For a very detailed tally of performance figures for live check here:
http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12375 - notice how far down
you have to scroll to find a powerbook...
-also, regarding stability, a good laptop is a good laptop, regardless
of OS these days.

I apologize if I'm ranting, but this is a very common misconception
these days, what with the whole iPod worship going on ;-)

It all comes down to whether you have to have the design and the OS of a
mac - or whether you absolutely must run Logic7 next to live.

---by the way, very nice track! I dig the bass-line at 2:10 - what is
that sound made from? Sounds a bit like manipulated flute or something.

Best,
Andreas