Re: Drum-machine song construction tips?

No doubt computers are more flexible,but have u tried
the mpc1000?i love the feel of its pads, it syncs
great to the EDP,and usb transfer is wonderful,you can
also go to their web and download all the classic drum
machine sounds like the linn drum,Acetone and all the
vintage obscure beat boxes!i just wish they would have
given it more memory...but i have to get a dedicated
midi foot controller for it to mess with the different
midi functions it offers,track mute,next sequence,
etc.song mode can be very useful but i dont like to be
following a machine,so track muting and next sequence
seem to be more intuitive live.
I am curious how bands like Rush,Bowie etc. are
working nowdays, Peter Gabriel has a buch of laptops
on stage and he certainly does it very clever!
Luis

--- mark sottilaro <marksottilaro@sbcglobal.net>

www.luis-angulo.com