Re: Echoplex-style functionality on a mac?

Hi,

let me preface this by saying that I've never used an EDP myself,
though I've seen one used (by Mr Lawson himself, and others).

Augustus Loop is much more based on a 'tape looper' than something
like the EDP. My impression of the EDP is that it's very much about
recording, playing back and layering 'phrases'. Whereas Augustus is
basically a big delay/echo, but with tap tempo and a bunch of other
looping-related features. And of course there's the whole 'tape'
simulation bit e.g. if you throw it into reverse, you actually get
the sound of the tape slowing down and heading the other way.

Multiply (or something like it) is coming in the next major update to
Augustus, which is maybe a few weeks away.

cheers,
os.

os@collective.co.uk
http://www.collective.co.uk/