RE: Great video on Ableton Live live looping by Kid Beyond

Thanks for sharing, Per!  This is excellent. I saw Kid Beyond at Y2K4
last year and was blown away....unbelievable what I guy can do on stage
with nothing but a mic, MIDI controller, and laptop.  And he is a
totally great guy to talk to, very energetic, friendly, and so on.  This
is a fun video, and I recognize many of the songs he's using in the
demo, as he did them at Y2K4 as well.

One interesting thing in the video is that it emphasizes that in Live
you have to start with a pre-recorded loop of some sort, like a click,
etc....you can hear him start with them. Is this still the case? Can't
they remove this restriction and make it so that you can start from a
blank slate? Or could you start with an empty loop with no sound (levels
turned to 0) and just loop in free form?  I take it that when he loops,
starting with one of the pre-recorded clicks, he's quantizing againt
that loop rather than maintaining the meter himself. ??? Not sure. Do
you know?

Kris